Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Baby boy

Tonight I came home after you were put to bed...shortly after I arrive at home...I hear your call, "Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma."  Of course I can't resist, so I rush up to rock you.  I love these moments...you snuggle right in and you fit perfectly on my lap.  Your hand wanders to my hair and you tickle your sweet little face with it...you manage a tired giggle.  We rock and we rock and eventually you drift off into a peaceful sleep.
These are the moments I start thinking about who you are and who you will become someday.  I whisper a prayer asking God to give you clarity and confidence as you grow...and that you lean on him in all things.  I pray for your future spouse...I pray for a strong woman with a gentle spirit. I also pray that I will be a good MIL to her.  I pray for your friendships...that you would be a great encouragement to your friends and that they would also encourage you.  I pray for God to give you great conviction to serve and love others.  I pray that you would possess leadership qualities...not that you have to always be the leader...but that you feel confident to "go against the flow" when necessary.  I pray for God to give you a passionate heart...so that your passion is contagious to others.  I pray for the wild spunk that you possess...that you will never lose it but will learn to control it.  I pray for the man you will be someday (even though my mind can hardly grasp it).  As I finish my prayer, my mind wanders back to our day...

My little fearless climber. My tightest hugger.  My worm killer.  My messy-faced crooked-grinned boy. My big eater.  My little love.  My destroyer of quiet and calm.   My goofy, goofy boy.  Oh, how I love you!
   

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Jon and Katie! Great post! I'm Heather and I was hoping you could email me about a question I have regarding your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete