Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Shocked and reminded...

Today Jon received news that Jerry Foster (the founder/owner of his company)was diagnosed with cancer in his eye. I believe it is melanoma but I am not certain. Regardless-it was completely shocking. Cancer has plagued so many near and dear to us in the past few years. I can't help but wonder why? He just became a Grandpa last month and now he will be battling cancer!? I tend to dwell on bad news (statistics and facts tend to reassure me) but today as I was relying on the internet for answers God reminded me of this verse...Ephesians 3:20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us. How true! We cannot dwell on statistics in life...For who is more powerful than Christ?
I was also reminded of all the things I chase in life...whether it is a certain $ in our bank account or perfecting our house or all the effort I put into looking a certain way. It DOESN'T matter...none of it. It can all be taken away in an instant. When I stand before our perfect, almighty God...I won't take any of it with me. God grant me the wisdom to seek things that matter...and grant me the wisdom to teach my children the things that matter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment